Search USASBE.org
Please socialize BARDA DRIVe and BARDA Ventures
Moderator(s):
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

10/30/2019 at 4:55:59 PM GMT
Please socialize BARDA DRIVe and BARDA Ventures

Hello Everyone,

My name is MaryAnn Picard, I am the Director of Operations at UMass M2D2, one of the 13 incubators/accelerators in BARDA DRIVe’s network.

I am writing to share information about the DRIVe funding opportunity and also about a new RFI just published by BARDA Ventures. 

What is BARDA DRIVe?
BARDA DRIVe is a grant initiative set forth from the Department of Health and Humans Services that takes a new approach to tackle the biggest national health security threats by funding the development of innovative technologies and practices for transformative solutions. DRIVe brings together the best ideas from the medical and scientific communities, together with government and venture capital investments, to drive innovation that will strengthen our nation’s health security. This will be open to academic researchers and to early-stage startups. Application is via an EZ BAA which will be linked here when available in early November.

BARDA VENTURES RFI
BARDA has announced the expansion of its market research effort by issuing a Request for Information (RFI) in order to collect feedback on the draft solicitation document. BARDA DRIVe seeks to partner with a third party entity (Ventures Partner) that will address gaps in preparedness and areas within the continuum of response which require innovative and entrepreneurial approaches that would otherwise not be considered under traditional medical countermeasure (“MCM”). BARDA wants to hear from you! Your participation is invaluable in helping shape the final solicitation. Interested parties must respond to me about the RFI by November 18. Please find more information here: https://drive.hhs.gov/ventures.html

BARDA DRIVe Info Session
Representatives from BARDA will be on hand on November 6th at 5:00 at the offices of Mintz in Boston to share information and answer questions about both the BARDA DRIVe funding opportunity and the new BARDA Ventures initiative. 

The BARDA representatives attending are…
Donna Boston – BARDA DRIVe Program Manager
Abid Siddiqui – Senior Associate 
Justin Yang – Project Officer 
Prakash Rao – Senior Portfolio Manager

On that same evening of November 6th, following the above info session, you are invited to stay for M2D2’s “Barracuda Bowl,” a pitch event where several entrepreneurs will face tough questions from a panel of investors regarding their technologies, current stage of development, and financial projections in a “Shark Tank” style format. 

Click here (https://www.eventbrite.com/e/free-barracuda-bowl-pitch-event-tickets-65830461683) for free registration and details about the Nov 6th info session and the “Barracuda Bowl.”

Would you kindly assist by socializing all of the above. Don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions.

Thank you,

MaryAnn Picard 

Membership Management Software Powered by YourMembership  ::  Legal