Conference Proceedings Information
Please read and follow these guidelines carefully in preparing your accepted submission for the Proceedings of the USASBE Conference.
Each accepted paper, case study, and workshop will be published in the USASBE Conference Proceedings (Developmental Track submissions are not included in the Proceedings). While publication in the Proceedings does not preclude subsequent publication of your manuscript elsewhere, authors are advised that some journals may consider submissions to be unacceptable if they have been published in their entirety in a refereed proceedings publication. If you have concerns about this, an abridged version of your work is recommended for the USASBE Proceedings. If you choose to submit an abridged version you must upload this version to the system by November 30, 2015 and notify the Proceedings Editor, Tony Mendes, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that we will be including the full text of all manuscripts (papers, teaching cases, workshops and symposia) in the proceedings (note: only abstracts of developmental track submissions will be included in the proceedings). We realize that in the case of interactive workshops that all outcomes are not yet known, so please address the intended outcomes in your submission for the proceedings.
Articles included in the USASBE Proceedings will be included in several electronic databases (such as EBSCO and ProQuest). Individual's searching these databases will have access to the articles in the same way that journal articles and the published proceedings of other leading academic conferences are currently available. For many authors this may meet their institution's requirements for publication. Authors may choose to opt out of publication via these electronic databases by notifying the Proceedings Editor, Tony Mendes at email@example.com by November 30, and individual articles can be removed from the databases at any future date should the author(s) of the article choose to do so by notifying the Executive Director of USASBE.
To submit your manuscript for the proceedings, please click here to log in to your Author interface (Note: only the submitting author of the manuscript will be able to submit the manuscript for the proceedings).
Accepted submissions must be revised, based on reviewer comments, properly formatted, and submitted for the Proceedings by November 30, 2015. Each author must carefully proofread their work to be sure it is of the quality desired for mass distribution and publication. Manuscripts will be assumed to be in final form for publication as submitted for the Proceedings. Only minor formatting and editing changes will be made to assure reasonable consistency among work included in the Proceedings. Before submitting your manuscript, please ensure that it meets the specific guidelines outlined below.
· Papers and teaching cases submitted for the proceedings should be no longer than 30 pages, and workshops should be no longer than 10 pages. These page limits include title pages, all references, tables, figures and appendices that you choose to include.
· The first page of your manuscript should begin with the title in UPPERCASE, centered on the page; single space multiple line titles (no blank lines) and double space after the title (leaving one blank line). Immediately below the title, the name(s) of author(s) (bolded) and affiliations (not bolded) should be centered. For the lead or contact author only, full contact information should be centered and included (address, telephone number, and e-mail address). Do not use titles such as Dr., Professor, Ph.D., etc.
· Your manuscript should begin with the required ACADEMIC ABSTRACT (no more than 100 words), followed by the required EXECUTIVE SUMMARY (no more than 300 words and addressing the "So What?” question).
· The academic abstract, executive summary, and body of the manuscript should be single-spaced. All paragraphs should be separated with a single blank line.
· Manuscripts should be submitted as Microsoft Word Format files. Margins should be 1 inch on all four sides. The paper size should be ‘Letter' (8.5 inches X 11 inches).
· Please do not number the pages of your manuscript (page numbers will be assigned automatically). Please do not use any headers and footers in your manuscript.
· Manuscripts should be prepared in Times Roman Font, Font size 12. To ensure consistency across manuscripts, please do not vary this font size or style in your manuscript.
· Main headings are to be printed in UPPERCASE, bolded and centered on the page. First-level headings are to be printed in Uppercase/Lowercase, bolded and aligned on the left margin. All headings should be separated with a single blank line before and after them.
· Be sure to use a main heading of some type after the executive summary and before the first paragraph of the body of the manuscript to clearly separate the two. This is typically labeled INTRODUCTION or OPENING REMARKS but may have another title.
· Paragraphs are not numbered or indented. Paragraphs are to be left aligned (but not right justified).
· All tables, figures, and formulas/equations should be included in the specified page limit using 12 point Times New Roman font in Word format. Such items must be placed in the body of the manuscript, as appropriate. These should be numbered consecutively by category: TABLE 1, TABLE 2, FIGURE 1, FIGURE 2, FORMULA 1, etc. with appropriate titles in Uppercase/Lowercase. For example:
Types of Entrepreneurial Activity
· References throughout the manuscript should follow APA style and should be shown in parentheses with author, comma, and year of publication. Page numbers should be included for all direct quotes. For example:
(Toombs & Heriot, 2005, p. 16)
· Since sources are shown in parenthetical form, only explanatory endnotes are to be used. Explanatory endnotes should be numbered consecutively and should be placed immediately following the end of the body of the manuscript in a section titled ENDNOTES. Explanatory endnotes should be kept to an absolute minimum.
· Appendices should immediately follow the body of the manuscript and precede any endnotes and references. If there is more than one appendix, number each consecutively like tables and figures (see above).
· A REFERENCES section must be included at the end of the manuscript listing the sources in APA style. Italicize, do not underline titles.
It is imperative that you submit your manuscript by November 30, 2015. We will not be able to publish your manuscript in the proceedings if you miss this deadline.
Should you have any questions or require assistance in the electronic submission process, you can contact the USASBE Executive Director, Patrick Snyder, at firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions related to the proceedings, contact Proceedings Editor, Tony Mendes at email@example.com.