Search USASBE.org
Pre-conference sessions!
Moderator(s):
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

7/1/2012 at 3:27:13 PM GMT
Pre-conference sessions!

Dear L & E  SIG members:

We have submitted a proposal for a Pre-Conference session to the USASBE leadership.  The working title is "Law and Entrepreneurship: Legal Issues Teaching Tools for Various Settings."   There are four proposed panels, as follows:

1.  The development of syllabi for law and entrepreneurship courses taught within entrepreneurship programs at different types of academic units, and to both undergraduate and graduate students (Moderator: Laura Hollis, University of Notre Dame);  

2.  The use of business cases, exercises and other teaching tools designed to familiarize students with legal issues within entrepreneurship courses of broader scope, and including material relevant to for-profit ventures, nonprofit ventures and hybrid social enterprises (Moderator: Kimble Byrd, Rowan University);  

3.  Collaboration and coordination with law schools entrepreneurship clinics: where is the overlap?  How are they different? What opportunities do clinic create for interdisciplinary experiential entrepreneurship education?  How might an entrepreneurship program at an institution that does not have a law school collaborate with a nearby law school? (Moderator:  TBA), and;            

4.  The role of the "law and entrepreneurship” education in other entrepreneurship programs, including business plan competitions, programs emphasizing technology commercialization, etc., and the potential desirability and content "law and entrepreneurship” teaching certificates or other sequenced programs (Moderator: Tony Luppino, University of Missouri Kansas City).

You'll note that we are still looking for a panel moderator for the discussion about the interaction with law clinics.  If you have experience in this area, and would enjoy being a presenter/panel moderator for this topic, please let me know!  And of course, we will welcome participation from everyone for all of the proposed topics if our preconference proposal is approved.

Please check back here frequently -- more as soon as we know it!

11/11/2014 at 5:49:55 PM GMT
Laura,
It's Sandra Malach from University of Calgary. I'm willing to moderate the legal clinic session if you like, I worked for over 10 years at the venture development legal clinic in Calgary and dealt with many issues, was a founder of a multi-disciplinary legal/business/engineering/science clinic. I've got a couple of papers in the area. So, if you still need a moderator, I'd be happy to do so. I joined the SIG this fall when submitting my papers from USASBE but haven't heard anything - I know when we talked in New Orleans its because my email doesn't have a a.edu extension as I am in Canada.
So, my email is smalach@ucalgary.ca

Sandra

more Calendar

4/27/2018
USASBE LOCAL

Membership Management Software Powered by YourMembership  ::  Legal